Thursday, January 28, 2010

Protein Intake - How Much?

How much protein do you need to maintain muscle and grow? Let me know your thoughts. For me, I was up to 200+ grams per day in October and have declined to 180+ now in January. I have progressively increased my strength and have increased body weight due to the calorie intake above my maintenance calories needed. Now for me at 180 lbs. that is around a gram per pound of body weight which is not enough due to many sources on the internet. I am going to try and increase the grams per day moving in the spring to see if I can continue to make strength and muscle gains. Please comment and let us know what is working for you.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Eating lean meat can aid you grow muscles. Eat in moderation.

    garages

    ReplyDelete